- Skyward Express does not provide alcohol on board the aircraft. Passengers are not permitted to bring food items on board.
- All flights are non-smoking. Passengers should note that smoking is prohibited necessary measures will be taken to stop any customer from infringing on this policy.
- For safety reasons we forbid or limit the operation aboard the aircraft of electronic equipment including but not limited to mobile telephones, laptop computers, personal recorders, personal radios, MP3 cassette, CD players and electronic games or transmitting devices such as radio-controlled toys and walkie-talkies.
- The use of hearing aids and heart pacemakers are permitted.
- If while you are on board our aircraft and we have reason to believe that you have put;
- The aircraft or any person in danger
- Deliberately interfered with the crew in carrying out their duties
- Failed to obey the instructions of the crew relating to safety or security of the aircraft
- Failed to obey the seat-belt or no-smoking signs
- Committed a criminal offence
- Allowed your physical or mental state to become affected by drink or drugs
- Failed to obey the crew's instructions relating to drinks or drugs
- Made a hoax threat
- Threatened or abused or insulted crew and other customers or behaved in a threatening abusive / insulting or disorderly way towards the crew or other customers
- Behaved in a way which causes discomfort / inconvenience, damage or injury to the crew or other customers - we will take reasonable measures to prevent your behavior including restraint. When the aircraft lands we may decide to make you leave the aircraft / refuse to carry you on the remaining sectors of the journey as shown on your Flight Confirmation Document. A report of the incident on board the aircraft will be submitted to the relevant authorities with a view of them prosecuting you for any criminal offences you may have committed.
- If as a result of your behavior we divert the aircraft to an unscheduled place or destination and make you leave the aircraft you must pay us Skyward Express the reasonable and proper costs of the diversion.
Items Unacceptable as Baggage
1. Dangerous Goods
These items MUST NOT be carried on the aircraft.
- Compressed gases deeply refrigerated flammable, non-flammable and poisonous.
- Explosives munitions fireworks and flares.
- Corrosives acids, alkalis mercury and wet cell batteries.
- Radio-active material.
- Flammable liquids and solids, lighter, fuel matches or any kind paints, thinners and fire-lighters.
- Poison weed-killer insecticides and live virus or bacteria
- Oxidizing materials, peroxides and bleaching powder.
- Other items which are irritating or offensive materials or magnetised materials
We accept for carriage firearms. However, prior special arrangements must be made and strict criteria met. Please contact our Call Centre or our Operations team for details.
3. Restricted Items
There are some restricted articles which can be carried in checked baggage but only special precautions. These are:-
- Wet Cell Batteries
- Butane Hair Stylers
- Small Oxygen and Carbon
- Dioxide Cylinders
- Dry Ice and Cooking Oil.
However you must advise us and obtain confirmation from us in advance of the flight date that we are able to accept such items.
Items you MUST NOT include in your Checked Baggage
- Precious Metals
- Personal Electronic Devices
- Car or House Keys
- Share Certificates Bonds and other Valuable Documents
- Business Documents
- Passports or other Identification Documents
- Fragile or Valuable Items
- Perishable Foods or other Items
Items not be carried on board or in cabin baggage
- Toy or Replica Guns plastic or metal
- Billiard Snooker or Pool Cues
- Laser pens
- Personal Attack Alarms
- Tradesman's Tools
- Knives with Blades of any length
- Household Cutlery
- Razor Blades
- Paper Knives
- Sporting Bats
- Hypodermic Syringes unless supported by medical evidence
- Knitting Needles
- Swords Archery Bows and Arrows or similar
- Self-Heating Drinks or Food
- Any other item which in our reasonable opinion could be used to endanger the aircraft or any of the passengers or crew.
We do not accept animals / pets for carriage on our aircraft.
GENERAL TICKET TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR SKYWARD EXPRESS
- Check-in is done at our Skyward Express building and opens 1 hour before departure.
- Check-in counters close 30 minutes prior to the scheduled time of departure.
- Passengers failing to check-in on time will be marked as NO-SHOW and will forfeit their flight and ticket. NO-SHOWS are NON-REFUNDABLE and NON-REUSABLE.
- It is the passenger's responsibility to ensure that they have a photo identity card as proof of their identity while checking in. Photo identity may be in the form of Driving license, Passport, A Valid Movement Pass, Kenyan ID or Alien card. For children under the age of 12 a birth certificate is acceptable.
- Skyward Express check in personnel have the right to deny a passenger who does not present any proof of identity as stipulated above.
- The STANDARD AMENDMENT fee for change of travel date is USD $20, and a FARE DIFFERENCE will apply if the initial class paid for is not available on the preferred flight.
- Kindly NOTE that amendments MUST be made 12 HOURS before the time of departure.
- A fee of USD $30 will be charged for Ticket NAME CHANGE once issued.
- RE-ROUTING FEE is USD $35 per person.
- NO FREE CHANGE ALLOWED.
- Tickets once issued will be subject to a cancellation fee of $25 per ticket.
Credit Card & M-pesa Payment
A ticket may be purchased through www.skywardexpress.co.ke and can be paid for by credit card or MPESA. Any person who has an MPESA and or a valid credit card from one of the following Credit Card Companies may purchase services through our website:
- American Express
- Master Card
Our credit card payments are supported by Direct Pay Online at www.directpay.online. In case of any credit card payment questions, please contact Direct Pay Online on Telephone (+254) 0706 358 022.
- We do not accept children traveling unaccompanied under 4 years unless we get a letter of consent from their parents and or guardians with all current the contacts details of the person collecting the minor at destination.
- Infants under the age of 2 weeks cannot will not be accepted for travel without a legal parent.
Baggage Allowance Per Passenger
- Checked baggage - BAGGAGE ALLOWANCE IS 20KGS for ADULTS and 15KGS for CHILDREN under 12 years inclusive of cabin carry-ons.
- Please avoid metal suitcases with pointed sharp edges.
- Hand baggage will be allowed in the cabin at cabin crew discretion.
- Excess Baggage will be charged at Kshs. 200 per Kilogram (subject to change without notice). Excess baggage will not be guaranteed on the same flight as this will depend on the load factor of the flight.
Unaccompanied cargo and parcels are acceptable at a fee. Contact us prior to booking of the unaccompanied cargo in order to get the correct tariff.
The fares are quoted on per person, per one way journey basis including taxes fees and charges. Surcharges may apply and fares and taxes may fluctuate due to currency exchange rates and tax changes. Each sector of your journey is treated as a separate flight.
Flight Changes cancellations and Credit
- Reservations must be changed or cancelled at least 12 hours before the scheduled departure time by contacting Skyward Express reservations office, or your travel agent.
Cancellation / Amendment policy
- Tickets once issued are non - refundable.
- Should a passenger cancel a flight 12 hours prior to the scheduled time of departure time, the ticket will be left as OPEN STATUS and can be utilised within a period of 3 months, as per our terms and conditions.
Boarding may be denied if:
- You are unruly or rude
A clearance certificate from a doctor will be required after 28 weeks. Passengers will not be accepted to travel after 36 weeks.
CONDITIONS OF CARRIAGE
- Conditions of carriage under air travel tickets relating to the limits of liability of the carrier for death or personal injury are subject to the provisions of Warsaw Convention.
- Freight is strictly carried on space availability basis.
- The Airline does not accept any liability for direct or consequential cost arising from delays in the carriage. In the event of freight being lost or damaged during carriage, the Company’s liability insurance is limited to a maximum of Kshs. 200 per kg. (Subject to change without notice).
- Skyward Express undertakes every effort to carry the passenger and baggage with intention to accommodate particular times as stated for the commencement and completion of carriage.
- Skyward Express may, without prior notice, substitute carriers or aircraft and may or may not omit the stopping place previously agreed upon.
- No liability whatsoever is accepted towards passengers, hiers, dependants or any persons in respect of death, injury, sickness, damage or loss whether sustained while embarking, on board the aircraft during the flight and or disembarking. Any exclusion or limitation of liability of carrier shall apply to, and be for the benefit of agents, servants and representative of the carrier. This relates to any other person/s/subcontracted whose aircraft is utilized by the carrier.
- Skyward Express provides the services of the following aircrafts; Dash 8 -300 series and the Fokker 50. There are some restrictions caused due to the size and type of aircraft. In particular some bags may be affected due to size.
- Skyward Express reserves the right to use any type of aircraft on any route.
- General terms and conditions for Skyward Express customers may printed and copied from our website (www.skywardexpress.co.ke)
- Tariffs are subject to change without prior notice.
- All claims must be submitted in writing, to the company within 24 hours from the time of occurrence. In case of any and legal dispute, the Laws of Kenya will dominate and will be heard at the Court of Law in Kenya.
- for any event to be received in writing by the company within 24 hours from its occurrence. In case of dispute the Court of Law is Kenya.
- No Agent, servant or representative, of the carrier has the authority to modify or waive any provision of this contract.
- Skyward Express is an independent airline and operates to selected destinations.
- Skyward Express accepts no responsibility towards flight cancellation, postponements, diverting or returning to the operations base due to adverse weather, bad runway conditions or any reasons beyond our control.
- Skyward Express accepts no responsibility or any extra cost raised due to delays, preventing the connection onto other carriers/airlines.